Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Backpacking to Yilan alone

     It is my first experience of travelling alone in a strange place. I have planned this travelling for a month. My friend, JiaYi had told me that Couchsurfing is a nice chance which can save more money on travelling. I thought the idea is good and decided planning my trip after that. I choose Yilan for my first backpacking location. I had searched host on http://www.couchsurfing.org/ . Finally, JoPing be my host in two days.


     My host had arranged schedule for me which contains the spots that i want to visit. She had much experience of hosting, which was why i chose her to be my host.

     In this backpacking, I had cycled around JiaoXi and TouCheng. Frankly speaking, it was strange for me because i had never cycled for a long time. Thus, when we cycled on busy road, I scared there. I worried that i will crash vehicles which around me. That is unforgettable experience i never having before.






     I felt relax when i reach TouCheng beach. Fortunately, the weather was nice during my stay in Yilan so that i could enjoy my fun trip. Besides, i had tasted a lots of food which i researched before. On the second day, JoPing had fetched me visited tangerine farm(金棗果園)and tasted tangerine which is one of the famous products in Yilan.





     Backpacking is a chance that test our independence. I like this experience because i had recognized more and more Taiwan by myself. There were a lots of task in this backpacking, especially when i wanted to returned to school from Taipei Bus Station. All of my friends praised for my braveness when i told them this experience. They shocked and envied my backpacking. You can challenge this chance when you are still young as well. Don't afraid, try it!




   
 

2 comments:

  1. After reading your post, all I can say is “Oh my god!!!” You are the very first person around me who is brave enough to do this! I really envy you just like your friends, the pictures that you took are all so beautiful! When I knew you that come from Malaysia, I have think you are a brave and independent girl, now, I think you are really impressive. Actually, although I am a Taiwanese, the places that I have ever visited are so few because I was born in Penghu. I think you life is so plentiful and I believe that four yeas later, you will have more traveling experiences than much of us. And I hope one day I could have the courage to try it, because it look really interesting and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel, for me is also the best way to escape the daily pressure temporary. Actually the week before you went to Yilan, I was also traveling there with my friend:)The hot spring there is the most awesome thing for me, especially in the chilly winter:P I am wondering what are you fond of since you visit a few places in Taiwan? The people, culture or custom? And it was really brave of you to do so----couch surfing, because I had once signed up as a member before, however I never step out the first step...... Really glad to see you enjoy the journey, maybe we can travel together next time:)

    ReplyDelete